Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A different sort of Day

Saturday morning we attended a funeral of a family friend that John knew for a good part of his life. She was a mother of 4 and passed suddenly. The funeral was in Simi Valley and it started to pour rain just as we got there. The morning was sad, but she was very loved, which as a Mother I think is the greatest accomplishment one can acheive.

The boys attended the service with us and leery of the long drive home we decided to stop at Griffith park. I had never been before, and surprisingly, it is one of the few amusement spots left in California I have missed. What a beautiful location. I am not sure if it was the crisp overcast sky or the affirmation that life is too short and we need to just take in everything minute to minute, but all day it seemed to be one of those where you notice every detail and hope you never forget.
Sorry ...even I can get deep at times



























No comments: