Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Vegas ...Jack style

BTW ...sorry my longest post ever....
So Danielle turned 30 which gave us a reason to travel to Sin city....Jack demanded he needed a trip "Without Brother" and quickly made a complete itinerary for our stay in Vegas...Lil' Liam got to stay with Grandma & Grandpa (thanks so much guys add it to our "never be able to pay you back for your crazy generosity" list)I felt bad about leaving him behind, but due to all the traffic we had to sit in it was a very good move!

We got a late start, and poor Jack... our DVD player broke the minute we got on the road so he had to do the trip old skool. Luckily, he is not use to watching TV in the car so it was not a big deal....We did however have to answer the famous "are we there yet??" at least 8000 time



Danielle and Mike were very Generous and gave us a comped room at Paris! Awesome view of the pool and water show at Belagio! Jack declared it " The best room ever". as soon as we got to the room they brought up champagne and Chocolate strawberries for Danielle's birthday ...great start...





Enter Rima to the room! Yay I miss her terribly.....Off to the Rio where Jack, Danielle & I got to ride on a float in the parade in the sky! So fun talking to all the dancers in the show...I think I know I now want to be a Vegas showgirl...maybe the stretch marks can be covered with makeup...hmmm can they cover a giant ass with make-up too? Jack was totally burnt out so John and Jack went to bed and Danielle and and Mike went back to their room....Rima and I decided to lose some money in the casino...it doesn't hurt as much when you make it sound like it was "your" choice. Then bed.



No chance of sleeping in the next day....... bright and early to start the Jack itinerary...Pool,monorail, Rainforest Cafe, Shark reek, M&M store, more monorail...holy crap that is a lot of walking....It was great to be able to give him some special time...he is the sweetest Little guy and So good!











Next up Rima and Jack went on a monorail date and John, Danielle, Mike an I went to Dinner at the Grand Lux for Danielle's Birthday! Gambled a little bit and did ok on roulette...then cake in our room, Jack had a ball with Rima...I traded John out for Rima and we all decide to gamble some more...i did not win, but $20 lasted me 4 hours...not bad.



Last day Trevi & the forum shops...and the we got on the road early cause I was hurting for Liam....of course as soon as we hit the road there was major traffic...we stopped at state line and wasted a couple of hours at the worst arcade in history and Jack got to ride another monorail..SCORE!" Very long day.... got home at 11....so excited to see Liam and then he gave me the cold shoulder when we got home! He was so mad at me.....it broke my heart....we have been forgiven though and things are back to normal! A fun little trip, but we are beat!



2 comments:

HeatherW said...

Ohhhh I am so jealous! It has been so long since I have been to Vegas!! Even longer since I have driven...I love all your little stops along the way!!

Champagne and strawberries anywhere are great but at The Paris...even better!!!!

All that walking is good because then you can justifying eating more...at least that is what I do.

Having $20 last you 4 hours in Vegas is like a super win...maybe that is why I haven't been to Vegas in so long...$20 wouldn't last me 20 seconds!! HEHEHE!!

That birthday cake is SUPER cute!!

Happy Birthday Danielle (even though I don't know you). :)

P.S.
I like the long post!!

barbatron said...

It is one slot machine with aliens...it has a bonus and it hits a lot ....they are all over.

SOunds like you need a trip to the big V....I think I finally have my fill to last me the rest of the year!