So my nephew Chance asked me today if I would send out the following picture of him from 2 years ago to prove that camouflage really does exist....I am proud to do so for two reasons...
1) He is 14 and just started the football program at MVHS, the fact that even even remembers/wants to remember it impresses me
2)It is a truly odd request...proof we have successfully made him as odd as the rest of us...
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
A Chance request
-notice Chance's camo leg in the back-
A little back story..
I was a senior in high school when Chance was born and could not contain my excitement...18 months later came Hunter... again with equal anticipation. John and I started dating when Hunter was 6 months old....Now I believe most 19 year olds were probably out partying (not meant as a judgement, just truth and truthfully, we were pretty dull)...but John and I took on a active roll in these boys lives....we spent a lot of nights/weekends taking them to parks, Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, the beach, and had many a sleepovers. All before we were even married, but mostly, we just enjoyed being with them. We both have always been crazy about kids.It is the model I use for my current parenting style. Not knocking them completly,(I personally found the "What To Expect" books very useful), but I can't help but laugh at certain parenting books that teach people how to "play" or "talk" to their kids...or people who think child rearing needs a lot of book research....The only real research you need is the real thing and hopefully, some awesome parents guiding you as well. I am so Thankful for that early experience..it provided me with the patience it takes daily raising two boys , but even better, I have grown nephews that appreciate they way we contributed to their lives and I am also getting to see our direct influence on them as they become closer to being adults. Especially... in their extreme love of silliness.
Not to mention all the help/entertainment they now provide for my boys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Yep...and odd request. :)
hmm...I was confused until you said to look for the leg...that's when I saw it. It's like those pictures that have things hidden in them, so if you stare long enough and your eyes cross you will see something else.
BTW, it is REALLY frustrating. Why can't I see your text? I can't read what you write unless I highlight the whole thing. I see it in dark orange that blends with the background. Is anyone else having this issue?
Yes! Mel...It is A mac issue...do you have a MAC? The white screen that is normally behind it is a pop up so if you are blocking them is does not show....My lil sis just pointed out the same thing....I will change to be easier to read
I do not have a mac as my family would disown me. I come from a family of computer nerds...I mean, techy people that are very PRO PC. :P
I get to reap the benefits though cuz they build me computers from their left over parts :)
Post a Comment