Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Children's book of the month

Most of you know I am obsessed with anything vintage.....I am not sure when it started, but I am pretty sure it was about age 15 when I started my Doris Day/Sandra Dee/Debbie Reynolds/Shirley Temple obsessions. I think I also just long for a time before everyone had some new/trendy parenting method. Back then you were not judged on how organic your food was you were feeding your children, or what fancy method school you were sending them to, just judged merely on how clean your kids and your house looked. Oh crap....I guess I would have been judged back then too.

Wait.... wasn't this supposed to be a book review??

This one is from Liam.....His most favorite book.....Baby's First Book by Garth Williams, a classic and he has been reading it to me for 2 months now....The pictures are terribly cute and his favorite page is with a ball of course...yes he is obsessed with balls...let the jokes run wild here....

* a little history on Garth Williams -Besides illustrating many classic, bestselling Golden Books, the late Garth Williams brought to life some of the most beloved books in children's
literature, including Charlotte's Web, Stuart Little, and the Little House series
. No wonder I love him!

No comments: